Instructor: Mia Datema, A+ Coordinator
A+ Student Requirements
Students who graduate from Billings High School may qualify for a state funded
incentive to attend a community college or career/technical school in Missouri, if
following requirements are successfully met:
- Student must enter a written agreement with the Billings School District
- Student must attend Billings High School or other A+ designated school for three consecutive years immediately prior to graduation
- Student must graduate with an overall GPA of 2.5
- Student must have an over all attendance rate of at least 95% for grades 9-12
- Student must perform 50 hours of district-supervised, unpaid tutoring or mentoring
- Student must maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Beginning with the 2015 graduating class the student must score proficient or advanced on the Algebra I EOC. (May also meet this by scoring proficient or advance on a higher level math EOC, or meeting the cut score on the ACT math subsection or Compass math subsection)
Please refer to the Missouri Department of Higher Education's website for further information. http://dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/aplusscholarship.php
This incentive is available only after the student has made a good faith effort to secure all available federal financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that does not require repayment.